Sunday, September 9, 2007

I am A Young Mason

The minute I was curious with Freemasonry, I knew right away that I will eventually find a way to become one. I read all the books related to Freemasonry that I could gather, I visited all the websites pertaining to Masonry... some of them are for Masonry and alot of them are against Masonry. I think it was the anti-masonic articles that drove me more in joining the Masons... Simply because the anti-masonic articles clearly contradicts the things I observe among the people I knew who are Masons, not to mention the historical figures(who are also Masons) who helped shaped the world. So I decided in 2005 that I will join the brotherhood of Freemasons.Like what most bumber stickers and car decals state: 2B1 ask1. Trust me, there are no recruitment processes in Masonry whatsoever. There is a deep reason for that but I am in no position to discuss that right now. But if ever, a friend of yours is bragging that he is being recruited to join Freemasonry, chances are HE IS LYING.So there I was going to an old family friend who is a Mason, to tell him that I wanted to join Masonry. He was reluctant at first but later on he guided mo the path towards the beauty and wisdom of the philosophies taught in Masonry.I was accepted as a petitioner or an applicant. Then later on I became a candidate to receive my first degree (Entered Apprentice Mason), soon enough I was conferred to the second degree (Fellow Craft Mason), and last October 2006, I was finally raised to the sublime third degree (Master Mason).Really, you can read all the books and surf the internet for information regarding Masonry but the truth is, you can only know wahe Masonry is when you have become one. Don't get me wrong, this is not an invitation, I'm saying this to disprove many of the claims being reported by non-Masons who claim to know a lot of things about this organization.As a Mason I am happy, as a person I am happy, as husband, as a father and whatever endeavor I am involved right now I am happy....Hmmmm.. I even go to mass every sunday....Jay Protacio M.

2 comments:

winegeek said...

Hi I read the blog and I'm wondering if my age or lack of affluence will prevent me from becoming a member

jokjok said...

Brother Sir, I have read your article very nice. From What Lodge are you?